Thursday, March 12, 2009

5 minutes before Midnight


Tuesday morning, I blogged about getting the call from the appointive cabinet.  It's now Friday morning and I've not received the call.  What happened?  I don't know.  All day Monday and Tuesday, I fretted about "getting the call."  Going to bed on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, I came to the realization, "so what?"  I can't do anything to change when the call comes.  So I am reminded of Jesus' words in Matthew--"Do not worry...indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things [food, clothing, etc--my emphasis].  But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."  
I look upon the scenario of the call not coming to the fabled "five minutes before midnight" premise (see this article: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock).  So I sit at the five minute mark waiting.  In the meantime, I've gone back to doing everything else I'm supposed to do.  As people have asked me, "Do you know?"  My reply is "No, I don't.  However, I know where I'll be until June 23.  That's the emphasis of my priorities."  

Prayer:  Almighty God, you know our needs even before we ask.  Grant to all the pastors waiting for the call.  Strengthen them to remember your call proceeds that placed by the appointed cabinet.  In Jesus' name.  Amen."  

No comments: